Saturday, October 2, 2010

How to get your Epson Perfection 1200U Flatbed Scanner running on Windows7 64 bit.

Anyone with this scanner should find this post of use.
I have owned an Epson Perfection 1200U Flatbed scanner since about 2000, a great quality scanner. I recently upgraded my main PC to Windows 7 64 bit after sticking with Windows XP for many years. When I went to the Epson support website to get the latest drivers I was annoyed to find that the Epson Perfection 1200U is NOT supported for Windows7 at all. None of the drivers would work with it. I did not want to have to buy another scanner as there was nothing wrong with this one.

After much searching I found an answer and it worked perfectly, I have been using it for a few days without any problems. Thankfully someone has altered a driver for another Epson scanner then repacked it for the Epson Perfection 1200U.

1) Make sure you have removed any previous failed driver installs.
2)  Download the Windows 7 64bit driver here:
Windows 7 64bit driver for Epson Perfection 1200U

3) Extract the setup files and run setup.
4) Once it has installed the driver connect the flatbed scanner to the USB port. It should say it found the driver ok and the device is ready to use.
5) Double click the "EPSON Scan" icon on your desktop and it should show this panel (I changed the view to Professional Mode using the top right button)


6) Give it a go! All the functions seem to work ok.
To recap this is the Windows 7 64 bit driver for an Epson Perfection 1200U flatbed scanner.

Adding the Epson Perfection 1200U into Paint Shop Photo Pro X3:
1) Once you have followed my instructions above run PSP
2) Goto the File menu - Import - TWAIN Source and select "WIA-EPSON Perfection 1200 1.0(32-32)" and click Select button. You can now scan documents directly into PSP using the Scan button in PSP.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment